This product has been discountinued. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please contact us directly to find out what alternative we can offer.
DSP-optimized reconfigurable architecture
Virtex based variant of the original COPACOBANA
COPACOBANA V4-SX35, the Cost-Optimized Parallel COde Breaker, is an FPGA-based machine which is optimized for running cryptanalytic algorithms that can take advantage of a high amount of DSPs and the possibility to execute a multiply-add or accumulate function every clock at high frequencies. This machine consists of 128 FPGAs each with 192, 500MHz Xtreme-DSP-Cores giving you performace you never expect from a parallel computer.
- 128 Virtex-4 SX35 FPGAs per machine
- 24'576 XtremeDSP Slices at up to 500 MHz total
- 3456k bit block RAM per FPGA
- 1800W power usage; military-grade hardware possible
- Best DSP/$ ratio of all Virtex FPGAs
This reconfigurable parallel computer comes without external memory but provides a high throughput bus. Dataflow dominated and computation intensive target applications of naturally parallel problems fit perfectly to this architecture. DES and ECC cracking are such parallelizable problems: An exhaustive key search of the Data Encryption Standard (DES) takes only a few days on average with COPACOBANA V4-SX35. Other ciphers can be attacked too, and COPACOBANA V4SX35 can also be used for parallel computing problems outside cryptanalysis like bioinformatics alignment (e.g. Smith-Waterman, Motif Search), Logistics Optimization (e.g. Simplex) and many others.
The 32-bit data and 16-bit address bus provides a maximum bus performace
Using the Xilinx Virtex–4 SX35 chip, COPACOBANA Virtex–4 SX35 is capable of providing a maximum of computing performance for affordable costs.
|Platform independent Host-API
Featuring a platform independent Host-API based on Java, COPACOBANA Virtex–4 SX35 ensures to support nearly every host platform. An easy to use communication framework together with a demo application enable rapid integration of target applications and algorithms.
|In the box
- Rack mounting hardware
- Power cords
- I/O cable (depends on option)
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Drivers and Utilities CD–ROM
- Xilinx Virtex–4 SX35 (XC4VSX35)
- optional: Xilinx Virtex–4
- optional: Xilinx Spartan–3
- offered fpga depends on configuration
- 32 Bit data
- 16 Bit address
- 16 Slots + 1 Controller-Slot
- optional: 10⁄100⁄1000BASE–T (Gigabit) RJ–45 Ethernet interface (supporting jumbo frames)
- optional: USB 1.0
- optional: USB 2.0
- onboard JTAG–Port for service
- offered interface depends on configuration
- Fits EIA–310–D–compliant, industry–standard four–post racks and cabinets: 19 inches wide, 24 to 36 inches deep front–to–back cooling for rack enclosure
- front–to–back cooling for rack enclosure
- Support for square–hole racks or threaded racks based on mounting kit selection
- Output power: 1500W
- Line voltage: universal input (100V to 240V AC), power factor corrected
- Maximum input current: 16.0A (100V to 120V) or 8.0A (200V to 240V)
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature:
-10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)
- Humidity (non condensing):
10% to 90% RH
Size and weight
- Height: 13.2 cm (5.19 inches)
- Width: 44.7 cm (17.6 inches) for mounting in standard 19–inch rack
- Depth: 84.0 cm (32 inches)
- Weight: 14.4 kg (31.7 pounds) base configuration; 38.3 pounds (17.4 kg) for special version