The largest Xilinx FPGAs
This product has been discountinued. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please contact us directly to find out what alternative we can offer.
Using up to four Virtex-7 2000T FPGAs in its standard configuration, RIVYERA V7-2000T is the newest member of the RIVYERA family. With the largest FPGAs of the Virtex 7 series, this model sets new standards for top-of-the-line reconfigurable computing. Currently, commercial engineering samples of these FPGAs are available and a RIVYERA high performance computer with such models can be pre-ordered now.
- 1 to 4 Xilinx Virtex-7 2000T FPGAs per machine
- scalability up to 40 FPGAs per rack
- 2 million logic gates per FPGA
- up to 20 GB DDR3 RAM and 128 GB SDHC per FPGA
- individual addressing of FPGAs as well as broadcasting
Using Virtex-7 2000T FPGAs, this computer is equipped with the largest and most powerful FPGAs of the market leader Xilinx. With these one RIVYERA, even if only carrying up to four of these large FPGAs, provides all the performance needed for extreme but power-efficient speedups of your applications or even new types of analysis and competitive advantage. Directly attached 20 GByte of DDR3 memory, expansion ports for additional 128 GByte of SDHC card based memory per FPGA and two 2 Terabyte SAS hard disks offer lots of memory, even for memory and storage intensive applications. If shared memory is a requirement, a shared memory card with up to 128 GByte RAM can be added.
Each RIVYERA has an integrated standard off–the–shelf server class PC, internally connected through 16-lane PCI-Express v2 based controller cards. A set-up as a FPGA cluster with several RIVYERA can be achieved with virtually no performance loss by using SciEngines' UPLINK technology. Up to 10 RIVYERA (40 FPGAs) can be fit into a standard rack and seamlessly connected.
Memory, Bandwidth and API
The upcoming Virtex-7 2000T has a number of configuration options and, in addition to the FPGAs block RAM, provides up to 20 GB DDR3 RAM, and optionally up to 128 GB SDHC memory per FPGA. Additionally, the option to use shared memory has been improved with this newest RIVYERA generation.
Last not least, full as well as partial memory copy from the integrated host-PC to the shared memory card is supported via the API, in addition to all the API's usual and well-liked features like broadcasting, individual addressing of FPGAs and (partial) reconfiguration during run-time.
Quality and Reliability
Our goal is to provide our customers the maximum of quality and reliabilty they could expect for their money. Using industry- and military-proven components and technics, SciEngines' products and especially RIVYERA offer one of the most reliable high performance reconfigurable platforms worldwide. All our products are tested in a 48h stress-test to ensure minimum failures. Continuously thermal monitoring and redundant supplies allow our architecture to ensure operation even in tough environmental conditions. Some of our systems are running since 2006 24/7 at a German governmental association without any error nor fail or need of any maintenance.
- 4 Virtex®-7 2000T FPGAs per RIVYERA
- Xilinx Virtex®-7 2000T (XC7V2000T -1CES9937)
- different FPGA models possible as custom development option, mixed RIVYERA FPGA card setups are possible and supported
- four 4 GB DDR SO-DIMM per FPGA via SciEngines DMA Processor
- sixteen 256 Mbyte DDR3-800 RAM per FPGA via Random Access Optimized Memory Module
- optional four 32 GByte SDHC FLASH per FPGA via Random Access Optimized Memory Module
- 16 slots backplane for cards equipped with SciEngines‘ high-throughput interface (4 slots occupied per RIVYERA Virtex®-7 computing card.
- 16 lane PCI-Express 2.0 based interface per FPGA card
- off-the-shelf server-grade PC (e.g. E3-1220, 16GB RAM)
- dual 2 TByte SATA–II hard disk drives
- IPMI 2.0 on board with dedicated ethernet interface
- dual 10⁄100⁄1000BASE–T (Gigabit) RJ–45 Ethernet interface (supporting jumbo frames)
- optional: Fibre Channel, Firewire 400 / 800, Infiniband®
(offered interface depends on configuration)
- Windows 7 or Linux Kernel 2.6 based operating system
- SciEngines API (supports multiple design flows including VHDL and Verilog, C/C++ and JAVA)
- API compatible with Xilinx ISE and all major synthesis design flows
- Communication Framework
- Communication Test
- Controller IP core
- Application development software
- Optional: Xilinx ISE 13 or later
- Operating temperature:
10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Storage temperature:
-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity (non condensing):
8% to 70% RH
- Storage Humidity (non condensing):
5% to 95% RH
- Optional: Military Quality Hardware
- ROHS compliant
- Cooling: Ventilation
Form Factor, Power and Thermal Technology
- 4 HU (175mm), 19-inch (447mm), full size (840mm)
- Weight: depends on configuration, e.g. 57 pounds (26.1 kg) base configuration
- Output power: 1400W (redundant power supply) • optional additional power supply up to 8000W available
- Line voltage: Universal input (100V to 240V AC), power factor corrected
- Maximum input current: 32.0A (100V to 120V) or 16.0A (200V to 240V)
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Fits EIA–310–D–compliant, industry–standard 19inch four–post racks and cabinets
Ordering, Deliverables and Service
- RIVYERA, incl. integrated PC
- Rack mounting hardware
- Power cords and I/O cable (depends on option)
- Printed and electronic documentation
- API, Examples, Drivers and Utilities CD–ROM
- 30 days product support(technical support, support via phone and mail), 1 year warranty
- Optional: Service contracts with up to 7 years duration
- Optional: IP cores