Utilizing 100% of the potential of accelerated hardware can be difficult and most standard software doesn't take full advantage of the possibilities. SciEngines helps optimize or even design from scratch the most efficient software and/or hardware for your desired application.
We design, implement and verify custom algorithms in reconfigurable logic. Our logic designs are typically targeted to FPGAs or CPLDs and calculations on a large scale parallel level. We provide our expertise in reconfigurable logic design and help parallelizing your algorithms for a maximum utilization of available hardware.
Custom hardware design
We are your personal hardware architect and provider of optimized solutions. Selling standardized products is one aspect of our business, at the same time we are an engineering and development partner to provide custom hardware solutions with unrivaled efficiency for your specific application. We provide all the needed building blocks to bring your ideas to a vivid product and to implement a mass-production qualified product.
Please see below for more information regarding our custom hardware design capabilities. Should you wish to get into contact with reference customers, please contact us.
For more information, please refer to the subsections (click):
We are able to transform your ideas and requirements into precise specifications and project plans. We support our customers through all necessary steps including brainstorming, the formal requirement specification and product feature selection. Our engineers ensure that requirements will be continuously validated and updated during the development phase. As we are able to provide our customers a rich backend of academic and scientific institues as well as a staff of software engineers, we are able to ensure that projects do not consider only the hardware. Furthermore we are able to move them to a real hardware-software codesign ensuring minimal engineering cost for hard- and software development on the one hand and the bill of materials, production-, test- and maintenance-cost of the final product.
Schematic and PCB designs grow increasingly complex. SciEngines GmbH has adopted the necessary know-how to face todays challenging technological progress.
- Microcontrollers and Processors:
- Atmel, NXP, CortexM3, ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, CortexA8
- Digital Signal Processors:
- Common interface and memory technology is supported:
- DDR RAM / DDR2 RAM /DDR3 RAM, FLASH
- PCI, PCI-X, PCIe
- Ethernet 10/100/1G/10G
- LVDS, LVTTL
- IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
- Analog Design:
- circuit technology for analog, digital and mixed signals
- medical and safety critical systems
- high available systems and tamper resistant systems
- IP cores:
- Our key strength is our ability to let our customers participate in our rich experience with large scale FPGA based systems, from the raw hardware up to intellectual property. SciEngines GmbH supports IP-cores for standard interfaces like:
- DDR-SDRAM, SM-Bus, I²C, USB, RS232
- cryptography (DES, 3DES, AES, MD5, SHA-1...)
- customized IP cores
VHDL Design and a complete transparent design methodology:
- VHDL Coding
- simulation models of external components
- simulation of functional- and timing behaviour
- VHDL synthesis
- timing-constraints and optimization
We offer a wide range of validation and verification methods, including physical analysis of third party devices in soft and hardware as well as standard methods of chip design verification. Our structured quality control process, including measuring and testing against the requirements, ensures high quality products. By validating a prototype already during development, we minimize the amount of work for maturing it into a device ready for mass-production. In addition to our validation methodology, SciEngines GmbH can optionally include tests covering electromagnetic compliance, thermal load, mechanical vibration and shock, safetey, regulatory standards and Production.
We provide services including:
- prototype production
- Boundary Scan
- Test active/passive
- burn-in/run-in tests
- test equipment development